Sunday 2 September 2007

Mile a minute


Hooray! My mile a minute top is completed! I decided to make mine 10x10 blocks, and put a narrow black border round it to make the colours sing. I'm really pleased with it, and have already started some more blocks - couldn't resist it! I'm going to give it to DS for a sofa quilt - he lives in rented accommodation and the settee has seen better days. It will be ideal for that purpose. Typically DD has also requested one, but since she currently lives at home, and the settee is still in good condition (lol) she can wait.


I also experimented a bit with variations. There's a strped frame for added pizzazz, a plain yellow frame to unify and a motif in the centre to identify the receiving group.

If you're interested in the mile a minute, then check out Fiona's beautiful top (she obviously has some very pretty fabrics in her scrap bag), Patti's amazing blocks (she's responsible for starting the whole thing off - look back to July 7th for a tutorial) and Andrea's fantastic 'quilt as you go' mile a minute quilt (yes, she's actually got a finished quilt, and a gorgeous one too!), but beware: they are very addictive!

9 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Looks great Lynda...Will I get the chance to see it in person at Lutterworth?

Fiona said...

I love it! Makes me want to start another one straight away.

sewkalico said...

Very nice indeed. Wish I had some spare time to give this a go :0(

Andrea said...

Yippee Linda ! It looks great. Just spotted the ladies legs in one of the blocks -lol !

Anonymous said...

Just because I live in your house (thanks for telling everyone...) doesn't mean I don't deserve my share of the quilts. I always knew you liked DS best... x

Lynda said...

nnnn

Mic x said...

As DS's house mate I am very excited about the sofa quilt and it looks fabulous, everyone loves and comments on the shakespeare on the wall so it will go well in our favourite room in the house!!! xx

Rose Marie said...

Love your experiment blocks. Am quite drawn to the set with the stripes.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Hi, I'm visiting by way of Cheri's blog. Wonderful quilt. love the colors and the energy.