Wednesday 12 December 2007

Christmas present

The last of the cards have gone off in the post - including the one for DS, which DH took to London to give him when they met for lunch yesterday, and then brought back home again! The only ones left now are the local ones, which will be hand delivered.
I have also made inroads into the Christmas presents. The ones to my nieces and nephews have also been posted, and today I finished the only hand-made present I will be giving this year, a bag for a friend at work.

When I was a girl, everyone had a cloth shopping bag for carrying purchases home in. Nowadays, plastic carrier bags are most often used, although there is a movement to go back to reusing bags, and many supermarkets give incentives to people who bring, and use, their own bags. Hopefully my friend will be able to use this when she does her weekly shop. Not only will she have her green credentials on display, but the sophisticated Michael Miller fabric will count for extra Brownie Points, surely!

1 comment:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

What a great looking bag! I love the colours and it looks like it will be a very useful size. I'm sure she will like it.