Saturday 5 January 2008

Husband at football = quilting time for me!

DH has gone over to Chesterfield with friend Russ to watch some men in shorts run around in the cold and try and kick a ball over a line. They'll have a good time, win or lose, so I have had a guilt-free sewing afternoon. I decided to try and get on with the replica quilt I am making as a swap for the old one, and succeeded very well, I think.


I have tried to keep the colours sympathetic to the old one, and used some reproduction fabrics which I had, to create the same sort of look. The border is actually more the colour it looks at the bottom of the photo, the same as the border round the central medallion.
Now I need to decide what to do next. Originally I had thought I would make it the same size as the old quilt (72"x96") , but having laid this part on our bed, I think 72"x72" would be a good enough size - and much easier to quilt! I want one more pieced frame of 12" and then no outer border. The old quilt has more pinwheels of 6" squares, but I might do square in a square to add a bit of variety. I'll probably bind it, even though that isn't very authentic, as it gives a good edge.
Any suggestions for the last frame gratefully received.

1 comment:

black bear cabin said...

What a beautiful quilt...my only complaint...i couldnt click on the image to see a larger image of it :(
The colors are great...i cant wait to see it finished!
Sounds like you had a fabulous day of quilting with the house to yourself! Gotta love that!
cheers!
lisajo