Friday 1 February 2008

Lucky number 7

Last year I started a challenge quilt with a local group, Rocheberie Quilters. So far, I have completed seven of the nine blocks needed but it's taken me a whole year! Well, I did choose one of the slowest methods, needleturn applique, but even so, I'm well behind! Yesterday I managed to finish this block, Hearts of Spring, so have only two more to do.



The blocks are from the book 'Quilting the Garden' and will be great when I've done them all and worked out how to put them together! Here are the six waiting blocks.



I still have Winter Bloom and Autumn Splendour to do. I'll start on Winter Bloom now (very appropriate given the weather in the UK at the moment) and at this rate of progress, by the time I've finished that, I'll probably be in tune with the seasons to do Autumn Splendour!

3 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Wowwy! they look fantastic! Go on get them done...don't wait another 6 months to get it finished! :o)

I'm such a slave driver!

black bear cabin said...

those are gorgeous! i love the little cottage :) this is going to be a beautiful quilt...i hope you are keeping it for yourself! I wish i could see the photos up close...your applique looks fabulous!
keep quilting~
lisajo

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

These appliqué blocks are delightful