Wednesday 12 March 2008

It's a top!

I have finally managed to finish my 'Blind man's fancy' top! I'm quite pleased with it, as it's very busy in the middle, but the calm plain border seems to calm everything down and pull it together. The flying geese were worth every minute of tedious piecing as they bring a lot of movement into it.
(I have just realisee that the bottom left hand block has managed to rotate itself by 90 degrees when I wasn't looking! Ah well, as my dear mother would say, a blind man would be pleased to see that, so I'll leave it in for him!)
We will be seeing the recipient after Easter, so I'd better get it layered and quilted.

5 comments:

Patti said...

And an exceptionally beautiful top too - I love it! And I NEVER would have noticed the bottom left hand block rotation if you'd not pointed it out. Certainly nothing to worry about or try to "fix". Makes it more interesting!

Unknown said...

This is such a pretty top and your 'deliberate mistake' in the bottom LH corner will no doubt make a talking point with someone - I love the colours, always a sucker for lilacs

Andrea said...

It is a stunner - well done. Love the geese border. I am doing one on my Lady of the Lake quilt but have come to a standstill - must get moving on it soon.

Paula said...

I really love this quilt. I think having the block turned makes it special! Love it! Great job on the colors.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Came out marvelously. I must be a blind man, because I can't spot the humility block. Great job.