Wednesday 21 May 2008

Lots of love

Thank you to all those people who have sent their good wishes to my DH, who has broken his ankle. At the moment he isn't doing too well. He's in a lot of pain, and finding moving around - whether on crutches or hopping - quite tiring. His main frustration is that he can't carry anything, so can't get himself a cuppa or sandwich, unless he consumes them standing in the kitchen! He's due to go back to the hospital on 26th June, which seems a long time to wait. Let's hope the weather improves a bit, so he can sit in the garden and listen to the cricket.

Meanwhile, I have been doing more hand quilting and have finished my challenge quilts for Tonya's Summer Class and the Bramble Patch Summer Exhibition. I cleverly did it by combining the two into one quilt! The Bramble Patch gave away a free fat quarter of pink breast cancer fabric, which had to be used in the quilt. Tonya's theme was repetition, which is quite an easy one for a quilt! I decided to make 'LOVE' in pink, to cover both themes.

The LOVEs were all done free-style (without a pattern) which is why they vary a bit. The breast cancer fabric has been used for three different LOVEs, one of which is on the bottom row at the left. I hand quilted just inside each letter, as I didn't want to writing to be obscured by any quilting design.

The border is machine quilted with 'love' over and over.

Although I am not religious, I have called it 'But the greatest of these is love' (ICorinthians 13 v 13). The Bible certainly has a lot of wisdom in it!

3 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

It looks fab. I'm just adding the binding to my Bramble challenge...will post about it soon.

Hope the DH is feeling better soon...the weather is set to improve...or so they say.

sewkalico said...

It's gorgeous!

black bear cabin said...

Fantastic....the quilting is incredible! you rock! :)