Sunday 22 March 2009

Busy, busy

This week has been incredibly busy, as I have been out every night. There has been a committee meeting, belly dancing, quilting group, rehearsal, Poems and Pints evening, where I read two poems (and drank alcohol!) and then a hen night for a friend who will be getting married for the second time in a couple of weeks. Add to this teaching a workshop on 'Sizzling Strips' and you'll see why I've not kept up with my blogging - neither posting nor reading. Never mind. This week will be very quiet. Only dancing is on the cards, so I should be able to catch up with myself.

I was inspired by Cheryl's posting of a gorgeous stripey animal, to make a string dog. Here he is.

DH thinks his legs are a bit strange (AND that he looks like a cat!) but I don't care. My dogs are all a bit experimental, and I've learned lots by making them.

Here is Stripey with all his friends. He stands out a bit, but there we are, it's tough being an individual! I will make some more dogs before I start to join them together.

The class I taught for Piecemakers went very well. It's really a colour exploration and everyone felt that they had learned more about how colours went together, and the uses of light, medium and dark, so I was happy. In the afternoon, I realised we were short of milk, so nipped out to the local garage to get more.
On the way back I noticed this house having its roof rethatched, and thought it was interesting. Thatched roofs are so pretty, but I'm glad we're under slate!

4 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Sounds like you've been very busy. Look forward to seeing these projects "in person" :o)

Tonya Ricucci said...

love the stripes - wheee. I think it's the nose coming to a point that looks more cat-like. dogs would be more blunt. at a guess....I agree with you on the thatched roofs - lovely to look at but I wouldn't want to own one.

Andrea said...

I love these dogs - brilliant !

Maureen and P.D. the Pet Dog said...

OMG!!! I can't wait to try making dogs! Yours are very cool!