Sunday 15 March 2009

Finished x2

Since the safe arrival of our neighbour's new grand daughter, Eva, I have been busy trying to get the quilt finished. Her uncle is up from London, and will be able to take it to his new niece. After layering and quilting I found a piece of green hand dye which matched the inner border and completed the quilt.

The best bit is the lovely fabric on the back

- I really find pastels really hard to work with, and don't think this quilt works particularly well. At least it's finished, and nobody could hate it, could they?
While I was in a completion mode, I finished the binding on this Linus quilt. It's mainly Mile A Minute, with a central heart block and four corner blocks from my donated orphans store. Many thanks for those blocks - they work perfectly!
I have quilted it simply, with a heart in each block.



I used a freezer paper heart which I ironed onto each block and then free machine quilted round it.
As you can see, I wobbled a bit, here and there, but I don't think anyone will notice!

2 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Both quilts are lovley. I love the baby quilt and the backing fabric is perfect.

ilovebabyquilts said...

Love the peas in a pod!