Tuesday 3 March 2009

Jelly Houses

No, not houses made from jelly, but made from a jelly roll - or at least, half of one. I have made my jelly roll Christmas gift into a lovely top which measures a useful 44"x53".

I added a pink 1" border and then a blue 4" outer border. The blue border looks like it's the same as the sashing, but it isn't. I didn't have any more of the sashing fabric left (it was actually 'sky' left over from a panto set about 6 years ago, so I'm surprised there was this much!) so used the bright pink to confuse the eye into thinking the blues weren't too dissimilar. It worked, didn't it?!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, lovely......

Using up your fabric is really such a good thing.

Contented Caroline said...

It's lovely Lynda, i'm still contemplating how to use my jelly roll.

Gina said...

What a great quilt. I hadn't noticed the diffence in the blues and I still can't even though you've pointed it out.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Your trick worked...those blues all the same from here. Looks delightful...nice and colourful!