Sunday 7 November 2010

Bit of a theme

Having had all the pieces for a Linus patchwork top donated was great, but then I needed to find borders. I was lucky to find some pink in my stash, and then went with Pauline on a fabric-buying expedition (she was supposed to be buying, not me!) and found a lovely turquoise spot which was perfect for the border.


Here is the finished quilt, which will very shortly be on its way to a 14 year old girl with cancer.

The turquoise spot turned out to be very handy, as I found it was the ideal match for some Michael Miller fabric I was planning to make a bag with.

This bag is my original design - by which I mean that all the components are taken from various other bags, resized and reorganised. After all, a bag's a bag! I'm particularly pleased with this one, as I've finally mastered a zipped pocket inside it!

Here you can see the zipped pocket in the lining, and an ordinary set of flap pockets. The bag is for a workshop after Christmas, and I hope people like it enough to want to make it!

4 comments:

Loris said...

Lynda, found your blog as you left a comment on my Stash Manicure post awhile back. I'm enjoying seeing all the Linus quilts. What a wonderful pursuit! I'll have to join you in that as we have organizations collecting quilts for kids too.
Loved your New England photos too. I live on the other side of the continent from N.E. but have a fascination with the Maine coast.

Cheri said...

I like that top on the bag. It really looks professionally made. You did a great job putting all those components together.

Contented Caroline said...

Wow Lynda that quilt is gorgeous and your bag too - i'm loving that Michael Miller fabric. Hope your workshop goes well.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Both projects look great...Your bag worked out well...and the zip is in like a pro!