Wednesday 2 February 2011

Find the lady

I have been sewing the borders for my 'Roll, roll, cotton boll' quilt, but it's slow going. So of course, I've been amusing myself with other things! I continue to be fascinated by Mile a Minute, and have layered and quilted this one for my DBiL.

I tried to use some grown up fabrics for this one, football, ladies, music etc. and instead of I-spy, have decided to call it 'Find the Lady'!

In case you couldn't find her, she's here,

and here (those are knees, in case you couldn't work it out!)

and here. The fabric is a Michael Miller I bought ages ago to make a quilt for DD. I only have scraps left now.

I've also been working on another challenge for Tonya Ricucci. She asked for words for a Christmas quilt called 'Bah humbug!' and suggested insect fabrics etc. I'm sorry, but my first thought was humbugs, the stripey sweets, so have done that instead.

I got a bit confused over the 'm' as I wanted it curvy, not angular, and thanks to some welcome input from Jane, managed it in the end. I'm not sure if it's what Tonya wants, but she can always put it on the back or save it for another quilt!

4 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Having seen the quilt in person I can honestly say it is gorgeous!

So glad you got the humbug to work...your M looks fab!

sewkalico said...

What a great quilt!!!!

Amanda said...

Another lovely quilt!

Tonya Ricucci said...

definitely what tonya wants! I love the m and as far as I care you meant to do it that way all along! great crumb quilt!