Friday 19 August 2011

Kamen Weave

Regina Grewe was so kind as to give me a copy of her pattern for 'paper piecing with a twist' and I couldn't wait to give it a go. She has two possible patterns, but I chose the interlocking pattern (Kamen Weave) rather than the one where there are stand alone motifs, as I especially like subsidiary patterns.

Here is my version, in reds and creams. I especially like the way she tells you to make the triangles. You only fold the corners over once, leaving a 'rabbit's ear' poking out. (You can see them all around the edge!) The ear just tucks under the next patch, thus giving a nice pointed edge to the triangle. Usually with paper piecing, the points are all folded over, and this makes them blunt. This gives a much crisper final result.


This is a really nice idea for paper piecing, and it went together beautifully. Thank you very much Regina for your kindness. Now I have to decide whether to keep going, or make it into a Christmas table mat! Which do you think?

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Go on Lynda - make a king size - you know you want to. Lol ! Never seen this pattern before - really nice xx

Nik said...

Size matters - keep going!