Monday 30 April 2012

April challenge finished!

Here is my Barbara Brackman Civil War Quilt finished!  It was a 'block a week' series, and of the 53 blocks (there were 53 Saturdays in 2011) I made 48.  I love the colours I chose, although purple is out of fashion at the moment, and I found it difficult to buy fabrics to add to the mix.  I'm pleased with the quilt, and pleased with my attempt at quilt as you go.  Liz's suggestion about zigzagging the wadding was a good one, and one I'll definitely use again.


Here are some of my favourite blocks.
This one is Kansas Troubles, but it should have been called Lynda's Troubles, as I found it quite tricky!  It was worth it though, as it looks good.

Here are the Seven Sisters.  I love needleturned applique, and enjoyed this block, despite all the points (or blobs in my case!) 

This one is Little Blue Basket, even though it's turquoise and purple!  I like basket blocks, and this was straightforward to piece.
This block is New England, and was another easy one to piece.  There are lots of stars in the quilt, all different and interesting.
And here is my all-time favourite, which is H, and is one of my initials!  I'm not sure the contrast is quite enough, but it's done now. 
Now to sew on the label, and wait for May's challenge to be announced.

4 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Looks fab Lynda!

sewkalico said...

Well done. What a shame purple is out of fashion!! - ! love it!

black bear cabin said...

beautiful!!! are you keeping that one? i love the colors :)

Liz said...

Do you want to know there are two hst blocks in Lyndas Troubles incorrectly placed or shall I keep quiet?