Tuesday 3 April 2012

Oh dear.

It's not my fault that I've been distracted again, honestly.  When Julie suggested that if I liked Mile a Minute I should look over at www.15minutesplay.com I thought it only polite to do so.  This is the result.
Well, it's a work in progress.  The star block with 'made fabric' triangles is in quarters.  Not looking too bad.

Now it's the moment of truth.  Just one seam to go.!
Hooray!  The points match beautifully and after a bit of serious ironing to sort out the slightly domed bit in the middle it's ready for the corner triangles.
Hey presto!  Finished, and the surprising thing is that it's suposed to be 15" finished, and it's squared up to 15.5"!  Shall I stop here and use this block for a bag or central medallion?  What do you think!

4 comments:

Nik said...

more blocks, more blocks....

Julie in the Barn said...

I love it! I see you couldn't resist those blocks. I've filed the idea to use for my next big project. But after seeing your block, I just might jump on the bandwagon now.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Wayhay! Congrats on a fabulous block. I reckon there must have been something in the air today as I sewed a 15" feather star and all my points matched too!

Off to look at the site...bet I'll be sucked in too.

Carli The Quilter said...

Lovely new block to me, I must try it out! Thanks for sharing :)
Carli
www.goodearthquilting.blogspot.com