Tuesday 1 May 2012

It's number 2!

Judy has decided that this month's finish is number 2.  It should be easy to finish, as it's nearly a top.

I think one of the reasons it's not been finished before is that it's pretty boring.  Just blue, and not even an interesting blue at that.  It is a stack and slash technique, but with embellishments.  You stack some squares, cut them in half with an asymmetrical diagonal cut, take one of the top pieces to the bottom, and join the resultant pairs together.  Then you stack again and cut again until you're satisfied with the result.

That would be OK if I hadn't decided to embellish the squares with lace, ribbon and embroidery stitches. This makes what could have been a nice masculine quilt into something half pretty, half butch.  Oh well, maybe there's someone out there who would like a pretty blue quilt.  We'll try it and see.

 And I can hardly believe it, but I've got another finish!  My triangles with made fabric from 15 minutes play is done.  The border of green fabric with wellingtons on it (which I bought from San Fransisco!) is maybe a step too far, but I like it.

 Here's a closer view of one of the blocks so you can see the made fabric. 
Now I'm off to see if I can jazz up the blue quilt.  Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Well that answers my question :o) I look forward rto seeing what you do with the blue quilt.

As for your 15 minutes of play quilt, well I love it...it's got such an air of whimsy!

Liz said...

If you can see it as subtle instead of boring does it make it any easier to take the time to complete?