Sunday 8 July 2012

It's number 3 - and it's done!

Julie wasn't a little behind at all - she's already declared UFO Challenge number 3 on her blog, just not on the UFO Challenge site.  She's a busy girl, and I wasn't in that much of a hurry.  But I was a little perplexed, as I couldn't find number 3 on my UFO list.  What was going on?  Then I realised it wasn't there, because I'd already done it!  Hooray!  Number 3 was my '12 days of Christmas' quilt, of which I had originally only completed the partridge in a pear tree, two turtle doves, three french hens, four calling birds, five gold rings (in with the turtle doves) and the swans a swimming.  Bit of a bird theme going on there! 


 I combined most of the blocks with three of the calendar baskets (all the blocks were from series quilts in 'Quiltmaker' magazine) to make this Mother's Day gift.  I was very pleased at the way the blocks played nicely together, both with each other and the pretty floral fabric which was leftover backing.  Result!  And the partridge?  Well, he was a bit imposing, so merited his own wall hanging.

I know it's on its side, but I've been fiddling with the image for 10 minutes to get it to rotate, and have now given up!  You get the idea!
And for all those going to Rocheberie Schoolhouse Quilters on Saturday, here is a sneak preview of what you'll be making. 

Should be a great day!

No comments: