It's the end of August, and my UFO challenge quilt is all done! I can hardly believe that I have managed to keep on track with this challenge for eight months - that's a whopping eight UFOs out of the drawer! This one will go for Project Linus (hence the tractor border) and I hope it'll be well loved!
What I haven't been on track with is some other things. Last year my challenge group made blocks from Lynne Edwards' sampler quilt book, and mine are still not finished. I decided to make a kind of homage to the Sundial Quilt in the Victoria and Albert Museum, so did four of every block, and a central sundial. I kept to reproduction colours, blue, brown, pink and cream. The centre is together (I'm adding the borders 'quilt as you go') and I need to get on with the quilting. The problem is that the blocks are so different, and need to be quilted individually, lots of them by hand.
I have quilted all four clamshell blocks,
and all four Celtic Knots,