Friday 3 August 2012

Bitting and bobbing

DH will certainly tell you that I have been busy sewing recently, but I don't seem to have achieved anything specific.  I've just been bitting and bobbing.  I have quilted my Japanese X + scrappy and sewn the binding on, and am part way through sewing it down.  I'm quite pleased with the quilting, as I just sewed in the ditch between each block, and then sewed round each cross in the middle, which has emphasised the design beautifully.  I just need to pull my finger out and get the rest of the binding stitched.

 
 For my challenge group, we're continuing with the scrappy theme and are all making Bonnie Hunter's 'Weed Whacker'.  I've made some blocks for that too.  The little pinwheels are made from the leftover triangles, and I'm hoping to incorporate them into the quilt - wate not, want not!

 I never fail to love Mile a Minute, and if I feel the need for some mindless sewing (which I have done recently) I make a few blocks.  Digging through my crumbs and strings brings back lovely memories of quilts and shopping trips gone by! 

 Because I use Bonnie Hunter's scrap savers system, I cut a lot of my leftover into strips of 1.5", 2" or 2.5" and store them in boxes ready for action.  The 1.5" box was getting quite full, so I made a few scrappy log cabin blocks - but I didn't make enough to do anything with!
  
 So I need to get focussed and see something through to the finish.  What better than my UFO Challenge quilt for this month, which is number 7.  Why, oh why hasn't this been finished before now? 
I'm just hoping I've still got a piece of the navy border fabric!  Keep your fingers crossed for me!

No comments: