Friday 7 September 2012

Orca Bay - where are you?

Yesterday I felt the need for some piecing, so decided to get my box of Orca Bay parts out.  I couldn't remember what exactly was in the box, and when it was all revealed, it didn't make much sense!  First there was the made fabric - some blue squares and some red triangles.

 
Then lots of little half square triangles and some triangle units.  I had a vague recollection of making these triangle units and getting very bored!

 
Next, some Ohio stars in black and white.  But how did they go together?  There was no clue in the box, so I went back to Bonnie's site.  I spent ages trying to find Orca bay, and when I eventually found a link on the blog, clicking it resulted in a 'The page you have requested is no longer available' message.  I know I did this quilt in 2011, but have the instructions gone already?


Fortunately, some more searching of files revealed a print-out of the finished quilt, so, with a bit of head-scratching I have made a start.


 
Looking good so far.  I will use all the parts I have to make the quilt as big as possible, unless anyone out there can let me have the instructions!  Bonnie?

3 comments:

Granny Anne said...

I will look to see if I still have the instructions. Will send to you if I find them

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I have them...will send you them :o)

Leeann said...

Bonnie had to take it down as it was going in her book. She did give about a months notice. But I don't think you need the instructions as you have put it together great. If you go to Bonnies blog and type in orca bay in the search box you will get the other posts (not the instructions) about the quilt, like the link ups to other blogs with heaps of photos. Good luck