Tuesday 18 December 2012

Canuk swap

It didn't take me long to make the components for 'Easy Street' this week - more flying geese, this time with turquoise skies - and join them together.  Some clever people have already speculated on possible layouts, but a) I'm a past failure at that and b) it rather spoils the surprise.
 
 
So there was time to get my Canuk swap together.  (For those who don't know, Canuk is another word for Canadian.  You learn something every day!)  

 
I have used a soft green as a border round the central medallion and to bulk out the blocks which were too small.  I also added an extra block to make the length.  I'm satisfied with the result.  It's not anything wonderful (and in a perfect world I would have put the two blocks with burgundy fabric in them on opposite sides, but hey ho!) but with a narrow pink border and then a wider one of the soft green, I think it'll do.

No comments: