Wednesday 2 January 2013

Review of 2012

It's the beginning of the year, and I was thinking about resolutions and stuff.  Last year I joined Judy's UFO Challenge where I chose 12 UFOs and resolved to finish one each month.  I did very well on that, only failing on two - Orca Bay, which turned from a box-of-bits into a top-waiting-for-a-border-decision, and a pinwheel quilt which didn't even see the light of day!  Still ten completed UFOs is quite an achievement, especially since some of them had been around for quite a while!  That made a total of 24 quilts made in the year - not counting Linus quilts finished off in whatever way!   Here is the final finish, my Sampler Challenge Quilt, made from Lynne Edwards' designs scaled down to 8' finished. 
I love it and it will be on our bed as soon as the Christmas quilts go away.  Here is a close up of the border where you can just see my quilting of meander and leaf.  Very suitable, I thought.
 
 
And here is the first quilt of 2013, the first few blocks of Easy Street by Bonnie Hunter.  This quilt is looking stunning - typical of Bonnie's designs!

 
So what is in store for this year?  I think I need to nominate some more UFOs, since that worked well for me last year.  I'll just see if there are any left in the drawer!

5 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Wow you did get a lot done...very impressive! :o) I love your start for 2013...the colours are very "you" :o)

Anne said...

Well done - said with much celebration and happy dances for you. :0) Great start to the year for you.

Amanda said...

Well done on your year! Very impressive and I've enjoyed watching your journey. Love the colours in the new quilt too! Happy New Year!

Liz said...

Love your Bonnie Hunter and your comment 'are there any UFO's in the drawer' LOL
Happy New Year Lynda

sewkalico said...

You did so well on your UFO's!! I am so impressed!!! I wish I could do the same!