Thursday 18 July 2013

Brights and pastels

The weather in the UK is unusually hot, and since my sewing room is relatively cool, I've been doing more sewing than gardening!  Thanks to Liz's generosity in letting me have some purple fabric, I have finished the binding on my Easy Street and here it is, looking good.  I just hope Lauren- the intended recipient- likes bright colours!
 
 
Then I moved out of my comfort zone into pastels.  Quite a leap for me.  My Mum asked if I would make a raffle cot quilt for her Townswomen's Guild group, and while I personally think that babies like bright colours, I think a more subdued palette will probably sell more tickets.


It's a design from Kathy Doughty's 'Material Obsession' book, and I rather like the way the border is made from squares rather than yardage.  I've kept to a gender-neutral colour scheme, and hope it will appeal.  I'm planning some handquilted motifs in the white squares which should ad to the ahhh! factor (hopefully!)

1 comment:

loulee said...

Both are lovely, but the baby quilt is adorable and inspiring!