Friday 26 July 2013

Quilted-as-I-went!

My quilt-as-you-go project is now all ready for its binding.  Phew!  Attaching those borders is very tedious!  Now, don't get me wrong, just because I hate q-a-y-g, doesn't mean everybody has to hate it.  In the same way that I love needle turned applique, I don't expect others to give up using 'Heat and Bond!   Everyone can use the method which suits them.  However, this is my blog, and I am entitled to my own opinion!

 
This quilt has turned out very well, and with a dark green binding, it will be lovely.  Thanks to Andrea, Bunty and Ruth of Piecemakers for organising this project.   I can't wait to see all the other versions!

 
I've also been continuing the attack on my UFOs.  Here are four applique blocks designed by Kim Diehl (although I don't think she used those colours!) which I made as portable holiday projects.  They're too gorgeous to languish in the UFO box, but what can I do with them?
 
 
First I put them on point and sashed them.  The little pinwheel in the middle was an orphan too.
 
 
Next a calmer border, although the green fabric is actually striped, so can hold its own.  Now I want to fill in the corners, but am unsure what will be suitable.  Any ideas? 

2 comments:

Liz said...

I love the pink flowers on point, 2 NYB blocks in each corner radiating outwards might look good.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Just love your Kim Diehl blocks.. How about some more applique in the corners... :o)