Monday 5 August 2013

The Great Reveal

Bonnie Hunter has made a reveal of her mystery quilt 'Lazy Sunday' which has been featured in 'Quiltmaker' magazine.  This is good and not good.  It's good because it's always lovely to see a mystery quilt - especially one of Bonnie's! - and this one is stunning!  Not good because I'm assuming the magazine is now available in the USA so people there can get on and assemble the quilt, while we poor souls over The Pond have to wait till the beginning of September, which is when the Sept/Oct edition of 'Quiltmaker' will be available here!  Frustrating!

 
Here are my blocks so far and here is Bonnie's version.  She has sashed hers and used cornerstones, which I intend to do, if I knew the measurements of the strips!  I've decided to make my version square, it'll be about 76" square, which will be quiltable on my Janome.  I just have 8 more blocks to make, and then a long wait till September for the instructions for the next part! 

3 comments:

audrey said...

Great colors! Too bad about the delay for you.:(

loulee said...

It's frustrating having to wait for magazines to come from across the world, especially for us bloggers as we see our friends getting on with things and here we are still waiting....
Love the pink, very eye catching.

Liz said...

Lovely colours, lovely quilt, I look forward to seeing it.