Friday 27 December 2013

Sewing again

The festive season has been particularly hectic for us, what with DH's (early) retirement, our wedding anniversary and our annual Christmas show, not to mention the festivities themselves, so it seems ages since I had the chance to do more than prepare meals, clear up and then prepare more meals!  No, seriously, it was lovely to have friends and family here to help us celebrate Christmas, and we had a great time.  But it was lovely to have a bit of me time today to do a little sewing.  I had challenged myself to finish various UFOs at the beginning of the year, and this was one of them.  It's a set of applique blocks designed by Kim Diehl which I had made as a portable holiday project. 
 
 
Some time ago I put them together on point, using a little UFO pinwheel as a centre.
 
 
And today I added side triangles using fabric from my stash, and then another border of half square triangles which I had made for my 'Lazy Sunday' quilt, but hadn't liked.  They look really good here.
 
 
Just one more border to pull it all together and then I might be able to layer it up on Sunday when DH goes to the football.

 
It's very 'in your face' but I love it, and in any case - it's a finish!
 

3 comments:

Liz said...

A lovely finish Lynda Those blocks are great and putting them on point with your additions has certainly made the best of them. So how many more UFO's do you have?

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I just love it...the mix of appliqué, pink and lime green works incredibly well!

Andrea said...

I love it - that purple print for the big setting triangles is just so pretty x