Sunday 8 December 2013

Tula Pink

My challenge group have decided to make blocks from Tula Pink's new book '100 modern quilt blocks'.  I decided to make mine in a monochromatic scheme, and since I have more blue than any other colour in my stash, I decided to use that! 
 
 
Here are the first 9 blocks I've made.  they aren't difficult, although I have had to be less slapdash than usual, as precision is required here.  Many of the pieces measure 1", so an accurate quarter of an inch seam is vital.  That's a challenge in itself!

 
I wanted to make these blocks fun (they'll probably end up in a Linus quilt) so used some beach hut fabric here.

 
And here is a little island with seagulls.  Lots of fun.

1 comment:

Sheilaf said...

Great job Lynda, love them. This is going to be a fun quilt. Sheila