Wednesday 29 January 2014

Piecing, at last!

The panto is over (a great success, with over 1,00 happy people as a total audience) and I can finally get back to some real sewing!  Before Christmas I started Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice quilt, and had lots of pieces ready to go, so that seemed a good place to start. 
 
 
Here are 9 blocks put together to showcase the design.  I love secondary designs, and the blue circle is wonderful, with the lovely star in the centre.  I'd make it up like that, but it would be a bit small (the blocks finish at 9").  It's really a square design. so the next size would be 16 blocks, although that wouldn't have the circle in the middle. 

 
I've started more blocks (I have the components ready to go) and am aiming for 25.  That will make a reasonable sized quilt, with borders, and will showcase the design perfectly.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

What a lovely pattern. Like a complicated Storm at Sea. Great colours too.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Looks great...so cheery and bright! Just what one needs in this doom and gloom weather! :o)