Friday 23 January 2015

Finally, some sewing for me!

The sewing machine has been going full pelt and my sewing room looks like a bombsite, but there's been little quilting going on.  It's panto season here in the UK and I have been busy sorting out the costumes for Ali Baba and the forty thieves.  Luckily there weren't forty thieves to dress, but there were four pantomime dames - the proper dame plus three of her friends!  Anyway, it was the first night last night, so apart from a few repairs, I've been able to do something for me.


Here is my Grand Illusion, so far.  I've made all the blocks - I'm going for 16 - and just have to join them together.  That's the easy bit! 
I'd just like to share a block made by a member of 'Quilting Together' in Shepshed (Paula and I went there to collect Linus quilts, but that's another story). 


She felt the block was too busy for her, so calmed it down with a pink centre.  Good idea. 


No comments: