Tuesday 14 July 2015

Still making cuddles for babies

I'm still beavering away on the baby quilts.  No babies have appeared yet, so I'm ahead of the game! This is my collection of Tula Pink blocks which came from my challenge group last year.  I deliberately made them using some novelty fabrics, as I thought they'd be destined for Project Linus, but they got diverted. 


I enjoyed making the blocks, and I think they look good with this offset sashing.  (Maybe the bright turquoise one in the middle should have been left out.  It sticks out rather.  Too late now!)
It's been quilted, and now is waiting for the binding.  Not sure whether to go with the same royal blue or navy.  I'll audition both and see later. 


On Saturday I went to Rocheberie Schoolhouse Quilters where Nik was demonstrating this gorgeous heart from Ani Catt www.anicatt.co.uk.  It is simply squares joined into 25s and then a ninepatch, and can be made in any size.  Nik had one with 1.5" squares, one with 2", 2.5" and 3".  This one is from my 2" box, and I'm really pleased with it.  One made with 2.5" squares would make a reasonably sized baby quilt.  Now that's a thought! 


4 comments:

Unknown said...

These are lovely! I do like that scrappy heart - very cute!

Mad about Craft said...

I love the heart, so effective!

loulee said...

Love the heart.

Amanda said...

Both very nice but the heart is cute.