Sunday 16 August 2015

Fifteen

My local quilt group, Lutterworth Piecemakers, will have been meeting for fifteen years in October.  Fifteen years of friendship, inspiration and fun.  To mark this event there is a committee challenge to make a patchwork item on the theme of 'fifteen'.  I have spent the last eight months scratching my head, hoping an idea would come to me, and finally, eureka!  I have decided to make 16 blocks (15+1) with the word fifteen written in different languages! Here is my progress so far. 


In case you're wondering, there is English, French, Gujerati, Italian and German so far.  I then decided to add to the challenge to make each word in a different font style, and using a different technique.  The font styles are self evident, and the techniques so far are needle turned, satin stitch, straight stitch and machine blanket stitch.  I don't think I'll manage to find 15 different techniques, but I have one or two more up my sleeve!  Now, what language shall I do next? 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fabulous idea Lynda.