Monday 31 August 2015

Grandmas, eggs and sucking

This post will be, to many, like teaching your grandma to suck eggs!  I know lots of people already know this, but it was new to me, so might be new to others.  
Have you ever admired quilting which is a wavy line, which was 'one of the fancy stitches on my machine, and done with the walking foot'?  Something like this?


I've looked and looked on my machine, and I don't have any stitches like that.
But then, I experimented. 


I found the three stitch zigzag on my machine, then shortened the width and lengthened the stitch, and hey presto!  the searched for effect.  
Here is the quilt, which was made by several hands at a Linus sewing session.  


Once it's bound, it'll be even more gorgeous! 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh that's so clever! It looks very pretty on that quilt!! :)
Also, I've never heard of that saying!!

Ellen T. said...

I love that stitch and use it alot!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Looks so pretty! Well done!

Unknown said...

I've been using this stitch for a while on my own and on Linus quilts, have explained how to do it to several ladies who can't believe how easy it is! Mo x

loulee said...

Love the pinks, and the 'fancy' quilting.