Sunday 1 November 2015

Coalville Quilt Show

Yesterday I went up to Coalville to visit their first quilt show!  It was in association with Hannah's Room and was in aid of various local charities.  Helen (from the lovely Shepshed group Quilting Together) had asked me whether I would be one of the judges for the competitions.  I was flattered to be asked and hope I did a good job.  There were three categories, Autumn Splendour, a young quilters' category on Hallowe'en and a 3D object.  I tried to be as honest as I could, but still appreciative.  Nobody needs discouragement in my view.  Unfortunately I didn't take photos of the quilts, but here is Hannah's Room's stand. 


I did manage to restrain myself, despite the goodies on offer (I'd already bought last week! ) 


And here is Gill on the Linus stall. I am delighted that Gill has become rep for Leicestershire North.  We can easily work together to spread the love.  


There were several craft stalls, as well as the quilts, which, along with the refreshments, 


Made for a lovely morning out.  It was also lovely to see quilts friends from the north of the county, and meet new quilters.  They're always friendly and fun.  Even if I'm not invited next year, I'll definitely make sure to go.  




No comments: