Sunday 23 October 2016

Going down the list

Now we're back from our holiday (lovely, by the way) I'm getting back on track with my UFOs.  


The scrappy log cabin is finished, and looking good.  I love the way the way the dark fabrics all present as dark, even though some of them aren't really very dark at all, and the same with the light ones.  The design fools your eyes, and uses up a lot of 1.5" strips! 


The Bonnie Hunter Monkeying Around is done too.  This has made a (small) dent in the 2" scrap box.  


A small detour was made for this snowball and 9-patch top.  I am demoing this design at the Big Textile Show next week, and so put together some blocks made at Knit and Stitch.  Another way of using up scraps, this time 2.5". 


The lozenges are ready to be appliquéd to a background.  


These stars I made from a Barbara Brackman series go well enough with the Mariners Compass class sample.  I must find a different way of adding a border than flying geese!  They are my go to pattern!  


On the end of the list is this beautiful quilt made by Piecemakers members during a Brown Bag challenge.  I provided the centre block, and then it went into a bag and different people took it and added borders.  The first had to have triangles, the second, appliqué, the third stars and the last squares.  I love it, but have decided the appliqué round will be even better with a few swags on it. I've got one on, and the rest will follow.  Thank you to all those who worked on mine.  If you want to see the other brown bag tops revealed, go to www.lutterworthpiecemakers.blogspot.com for a real treat! 





No comments: