Wednesday 19 October 2016

Last three blocks of BOM

I have been doing a Block of the Month with Sarah Fielke this year.  Sarah is an Australian quilter who loves appliqué and foundation piecing, and her use of novelty fabrics is a delight.  There have been more than one block per month, but even though I joined late, I've managed to catch up.  This month there have been the last three blocks.  Here are mine. 


The one on the right was pieced, the one at the bottom was foundation pieced and the appliqué one is my own design.  The final block was a a vase with sort of hexagon flowers in it, and it didn't appeal.  Since it's my quilt, I decided to do another appliqué block, and really enjoyed it.  
Can't wait for the joining up and border instructions, as I'm anxious to see how my colour choices end up. 


No comments: