Friday 7 October 2016

Reality check

The postman rang the bell this morning with a lovely oblong package for me!  It was the book I ordered a few days ago.  Great excitement! 


I have followed Sujata Shah for a while, and love the way she uses colours and shapes, so decided to buy her book.  I know I'm not making any tops at the moment (or not supposed to be!) but I couldn't resist a bit of inspiration. But. 
My book collection is starting to get out of hand.  I do go back to certain books on a regular basis, but something has got to give.  So I have decided that it's got to be 'one book in, one book out'.  At least husband can't complain at that!  But which book goes out?  It's got to be one I haven't used for a while. 


And here it is.  Thus is one of the first quilt books I bought, and I made several of the designs in the book.  Lots of sentimental value here, but against the Sujata Shah, there's no contest.  Out with the old and in with the new! 


No comments: