Monday 21 November 2016

Finishing, finishing.

I'm still enjoying finishing my UFOs and ticking them off on my list.  This one was good to quilt, as I think the quilting in the ditch round the pinwheels has really made them look good. 


I'm still sewing the binding down - black binding isn't such a good idea at this dreary time of year! - but I think it's turned out better than I'd thought.  


Here is my Bonnie Hunter Allietare from last year.  This too has turned out well. I just need to quilt the dark grey final border when I've managed to get some thread the right colour.  I only gave light grey, which wouldn't look good.  Just a reminder that Bonnie's 2016 mystery will be kicking off on Friday.  Why not have a go?  Just remember to either do half the blocks (like this one) or a quarter, as Bonnie's quilts are always very big! 


I've started putting the next border on my lozenge quilt.  This is using up some HSTs from my scrap box.  It's always good to have a few components all ready done.  


And here is my hand project.  Madeleine gave me her first attempt at patchwork, these pretty hexagons.  The blue was only down one side, and as there were some blue rosettes already completed, I thought I'd even it out.  I'm not quite sure where I'm going with this one, but I'll get the blue row on and then have a think! 



No comments: