Saturday 26 November 2016

It's that time of year again!

I don't mean Christmas, because it's still November, but it's time for Bonnie Hinter's annual mystery!  This year it's called 'En Provence' and is based around images of lavender fields in Provence.  Here are my colours ready for the off. 


We have dark purple, lilac, sunflower yellow and grass green.  Fabulous! 


Add to the mix a piece of magenta for the constant, and of course neutrals, and I was all set yesterday when the first clue was announced. 


So, here are the first blocks.  Neutral four-patches.  I love these as the fabrics have come solely from my 2" scrap bin!  Using up the scraps first, although since I have to make 111 blocks (I'm doing half of the requirements, as usual) I may have to creep into my yardage before I've done them all. 


I've also made up some taster kits for any one to make a few blocks each time and then donate them to be made up for Linus.  These should be fun! If anyone not coming to Knit and Stitch next week would like one, let me know and I'll pop one in the post. 




No comments: