It's also coming up to panto time, so I've been getting on with assembling the costumes. I've started with the chorus, and have made a couple of flouncy skirts. This one just needs elastic in the top and then it's done! Thank goodness for the ruffle foot I bought for my machine, as it takes all the fiddle out of gathering the flounces.
There must be something in the air round here, as we have had quite a few lovely donations of fabric for Linus. I've sorted through them and put them into my colour coded Linus fabric boxes, and rescued any orphan blocks. I try to cut these blocks into useable sizes and keep these together till there are enough to make a top. These beautiful roses are a bit big and there are just two of them, so I've cut them down to 12.5" and put them in the right bag.
Here is my orphan storage system in all its glory! It works for me!
Here is my latest project. It's a Bonnie Hunter design scaled up from 2" to 2.5" strips. I have another row ready to join, so it won't take long to finish. Onward and upward!