Sunday 1 January 2017

Happy New Year!

 We had a Christmas filled with family, friends and fun, then a New Year's Eve filled with steak, red wine and relaxation, and I hope others had similar good times!  I love this time of year, but then, I'm also glad it's nearly over, so now I can get back to some normality!  There has been a little sewing over the last week, I'd go crazy without my 'therapy', but now I'm ready to start getting back in gear.  
Liz brought a UFO challenge to my attention.  It's on www.allpeoplequilt.com and you'd think I wouldn't have any UFOs left after my heroic finishes last year, but it turns out that I have!  
So, the challenge is to list 12 UFOs, and then at the beginning of each month, check back to the site, where that month's number will be revealed.  I made the list, and the project to finish first is number 6!


I have all the blocks done, I just couldn't be bothered to put them all up on the design wall!  That will be an easy finish, especially since I went over to Manchester and couldn't resist another visit to Abakhan, where I bought 1.64kg of gorgeous fabrics especially for backing.  I even participated in their button bag discount promotion, where picking a button out of a little bag, could entitle you to free shopping!  I got 10% off, which is not to be sneezed at! 


Once the shops return to normal, I'll be looking for border fabric for Ivy's quilt.  I decided to sash it in the end, and although I would have ideally used the pink fabric for all the sashing, there wasn't enough - the story of my life!  So I used the red round the outside.  It looks good, and I can't wait to finish it.  
Happy New Year! 


No comments: