Wednesday 18 October 2017

Free fabric!

At the last meeting of Rocheberie Schoolhouse Quilters in Rugby, there was free fabric to be had!  Each person got a half yard of this fabric 


Which is actually turquoise, not grey, plus a half yard of this fabric, 


Leaves in brown, orange, red, blue and turquoise, plus a cot wadding!  Where's the catch? 
The only catch is that it must be used to make a quilt, which will be viewed at the next meeting in November.  After that, the quilt belongs to the maker to keep or donate to charity as they wish.  What a great idea! 


Here is my progress so far.  I don't think it's the best quilt I've ever made, but I wanted something which would be suitable for Linus, so have called it The tree of wishes, and there are six leaves to make wishes on.  I half wish I hadn't put the piano key border on, and had bought yardage for a border, but then, it's used all the fabric up and saved a trip to the quilt shop, so it's staying! I have till 11th November to finish it, so I'd better crack on! 



No comments: