Monday 2 October 2017

Hexagons

Having finished the appliqué border on my Sarah Fielke BOM, I started cutting hexagons for the next border.  Sarah has now released instructions for another border, the one with the rabbits! but that's fine.  How do you eat an elephant?  A bite at a time! 


I have two sides of the border done, and I think it's looking good.  I used a plain blue alternated with a patterned blue for the rolling hexagon border.  I think it would have been even better if I'd used fabrics with a bit more contrast, but at least it makes a nice firm statement as a foil for the two appliqué borders which will go either side of it. 


I'm pleased that this scrappy quilt, a Bonnie Hunter design, has used up lots of 2.5" squares and strips.  I actually started it in July, but there's no deadline to be met.  I think the turquoise binding really helps to pull it together.  I'd make this one again. 


And here are the jars which were made by a U3A Craft Group in Barlestone , earlier this year.  I still have jars fabrics left, so I can see another of these in the future too! 



1 comment:

Amanda said...

That border is interesting. Almost like a rope twist. The others are lovely too.